Amy holds an MFA in creative nonfiction from Ashland University. Much of her writing focuses on issues of sustainability and agriculture in contemporary America, as well as home, family, and military relationships.
Amy’s work has appeared or is forthcoming in Hobart, About Place Journal, Yemassee Journal, matchbook, the Under Review, Line of Advance, Stymie Magazine, honey & lime, BAD BRIDE, and Walloon Writers Review. She was a Writing By Writers Short Short contest winner in 2022 and received a fellowship to the Writing By Writers Boulder generative workshop.
Amy’s essay “The Game of Global Domination” appears in the pandemic-themed e-book TALES FROM SIX FEET APART from IO Literary Journal. Her essay “Countdown to Deployment” won second prize in the 2020 Col. Darron L. Wright Awards from Line of Advance, and appears in the anthology OUR BEST WAR STORIES from Middle West Press, available for purchase on Amazon.
Support Amy’s writing (and receive exclusive updates) on Patreon by becoming a patron here: Become a Patron!
- “A Love Letter to Comerica Park” in the Under Review (forthcoming).
- “High Stakes” Writing By Writers Short Short contest winner (2022).
- “Fire and Flood” in About Place Journal, Volume VI, Issue IV (October 2021).
- “The Whaling Wives of Nantucket” in Hobart (September 10, 2021).
- “Bonus Days” in the Under Review (Issue 4, June 2, 2021).
- “The Game of Global Domination” in TALES FROM SIX FEET APART from IO Literary Journal (February 28, 2021).
- “Bird Calls and Batting Practice” in Stymie Magazine (November 4, 2020).
- “Countdown to Deployment” in OUR BEST WAR STORIES from Middle West Press (October 13, 2020).
- “Say Yes” in BAD BRIDE (September 9, 2020).
- “Countdown to Deployment,” second-prize winner in Line of Advance’s 2020 Col. Darron L. Wright Awards (September 8, 2020).
- “Ghosts” in matchbook (May 4, 2020).
- “Coyote Lament” in Yemassee Journal, Issue 26.2 (2020).
- “Guardians of the Northern Lakes” in Walloon Writers Review, Fifth Edition (November 2019).
- “Wild Iris” in honey & lime, Issue Five (October 2019).