Amy holds an MFA in creative nonfiction from Ashland University. Much of her writing focuses on issues of sustainability and agriculture in contemporary America, as well as home, family, and military relationships.
Amy’s work has appeared or is forthcoming in Yemassee Journal, matchbook, Stymie Magazine, Line of Advance, honey & lime, BAD BRIDE, and Walloon Writers Review. Her essay “The Game of Global Domination” will appear in the pandemic-themed e-book TALES FROM SIX FEET APART, coming soon from IO Literary Journal. Her essay “Countdown to Deployment” won second prize in the 2020 Col. Darron L. Wright Awards from Line of Advance, and appears in the anthology OUR BEST WAR STORIES from Middle West Press, now available for purchase on Amazon.
- “The Game of Global Domination” in TALES FROM SIX FEET APART from IO Literary Journal (forthcoming, 2021).
- “Bird Calls and Batting Practice” in Stymie Magazine (November 4, 2020).
- “Countdown to Deployment” in OUR BEST WAR STORIES from Middle West Press (October 13, 2020).
- “Say Yes” in BAD BRIDE (September 9, 2020).
- “Countdown to Deployment,” second-prize winner in Line of Advance’s 2020 Col. Darron L. Wright Awards (September 8, 2020).
- “Ghosts” in matchbook (May 4, 2020).
- “Coyote Lament” in Yemassee Journal, Issue 26.2 (2020).
- “Guardians of the Northern Lakes” in Walloon Writers Review, Fifth Edition (November 2019).
- “Wild Iris” in honey & lime, Issue Five (October 2019).